CC: Oakland and everyone else jumping on this ill-fated bandwagon
Memo: Kindly knock it the fuck off.
I don't endorse either the 99% or the 1%. I don't agree with it, and I'm not alone. Even those that were there at the beginning are leaving now that the destruction has started. However when this thing started, the intent was more or less sound. It was shortly after the second day that everything went to hell and sunk into foolishness.
I don't mean the Purpose. The Purpose was to show how much we don't like the U.S. Government or the Big Business Coalition dicking around with our jobs and money. However, lines of decorum were crossed well before the shooting started.
Big Buisness took our jobs and hucked them across the pond to save money and put it in their pocket. When we stopped buying their crap products because the money made by americans were now being made by the Chinese or India or whomever. Thus we Americans haven't the money to pay for said crap. That was my first complaint. And my voice joins the throng calling for those jobs to come back to us. Sorry, those were supposed to be ours.
American jobs must be created, so says practically everyone. By now these are the people sitting on the curbs with their makeshift dwellings wondering when the news cameras come around. Or they're running for President and their opinion, while true, has no merit. They don't get to say that; their intent is to sucker us into voting them into office so they can go about something completely different. Happens every time in the last few Presidencies.
The Government decided to help keep the banks from losing all of their money, no consideration for our money, by taking ours and giving it to them. Whoa, wait! We can do that just fine by ourselves. At least we know we can get it back.
The Gov' chucked our cash in a rathole. My Old Man always told me that was a bad thing. The banks didn't need it to stay afloat, they needed to fire the leeches from their corporate underbelly (Out of t-shirt cannons please; in pieces) and put those alloted bonuses back into the cash stream. Or, hey, FORGIVE the loans and debt before we have to wait the 20 years for that to happen (read about that somewhere. Doubt it's going to happen though). Blow credit out their asses and get back to owning coin and paper. Make it all go zeroes.
However, these yahoo activists who want to add more and more agendas to the revolt than simply jobs and money we don't have need to chill. THEY crossed a line when they started throwing things. As a result the poor military bastard gained a busted head because someone else couldn't use their words instead of their hands. I'm all good for our military men and women making a significant showing in what they believe in, but was it REALLY worth martyrdom?
I was meritoriously pissed when I overheard a news interview with one woman stating, "They got rich off of us, when do they start giving back to the community?!" Hello? Asshole? What makes you think standing around and shouting's going to entitle you to ANYTHING? Apart from a cannister to the skullplate.
I hear about the donations given. Nice and all, but you're acting JUST LIKE THE BUSINESSES. I read about the freebies placed into your laps. When it goes all UN on you and your donations dwindle you get pissier.
Greedy, grabby bullshit. On both sides. Here's the truth of the matter:
- Big Business became such because WE needed goods and they supplied them for money. When they got so large their collapse would affect us all, THAT was when they toed the line and went all Oliver Twist on us. They misused what they were given by trying to spoonfeed it up their asses.
- The Government steps in because they know shit many of us don't. They want America as a whole to succeed financially. Not just the rioting groups looking for a handout. So they'll make every attempt to find solutions, but hey; they make mistakes too. My 401K and so forth suffered right along with yours.
- Just because you took a day or three off work to go downtown to sit around and blog about your sitting around and blogging DOES NOT COUNT FOR ANYTHING. And quick, short-lived, actions like graffitti and broken bones won't replace your jobs or get you new ones. All you're going to get is press-raped in your tent in the middle of the night, because we're at that point, and a long wait in the local clinic to find out if you're knocked up or contracting a disease.
- The only way things beneficially happen is not by assembling and pissing around, but by assembling and affecting change in tax laws, where the jobs are SUPPOSED to be, and making certain that EVERYONE pays their fair share. If a business fails; it fails hard enough to let us know whether it was really important. Lawmaking takes awhile, but the patience is worth it.
- Finally, (my opinion and I will stick to it to the END) If you can take off a day or three of work to protest, you don't appreciate the job you have. You should be replaced with someone who's willing and appreciative to even HAVE a job. Your indirect arrogance is worthless to ANYONE involved. Go back to work asshole, and let those without jobs do the rioting.
We are due nothing we did not earn or work for. We made the bed, we laid in it, and we found the wet spot the hard way. Perhaps in the end, we shall find what we need: Clarity about what is actually important, and Ownership of Responsibilities.
You are not your blog. Your are not your protest. You are not Tyler Durden in disguise.
"Goddammit, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables, slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man; no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our Great War is a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't; and we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off." ~ Fight Club